Bamboo is home to many diverse entrepreneurs and leaders. Our members are solving problems and creating change in our greater community.
Nonprofit organizations are often innovative and working to create long-lasting impact in our region. Meet these eleven nonprofit members at Bamboo. Learn about their organization and consider supporting directly as part of this year's #GivingTuesday.
- Helping Hands - A Juvenile Law Group, Helping Hands helps children in Wayne Country who are in foster care. The non-profit started several years ago with the mission to help children in care have the same opportunities as others, engaging in sports, extra-curricular activities and more. Learn more: https://www.helpinghandsofwaynecounty.org/
- Michigan Founders Fund - Growing the state’s high growth founder community, MFFs mission is to advance civic leadership in MIchigan’s ecosystem by creating a strong, inclusive, and active founder network. They provide a mechanism for philanthropic giving and opportunities to become community leaders. Learn more: https://michiganfoundersfund.org/
- Detroit Justice Center (DJC) - The DJC is a non-profit law firm working alongside communities to create economic opportunities, transform the justice system, and promote equitable and just cities. Each day, their team finds to remedy the impacts of mass incarceration by reuniting families, lifting barriers to housing and employment, and strengthening communities. Learn more: https://detroitjustice.org/take-action/
- Single Family Living - This 501c3 was founded in 2013 in Michigan by single parent Jeri Hunly. Ms. Hunley was faced with isolation and preconceived stereotypes from society due to her marital status. She realized children from single parent homes are more likely to grow up in a life of crime, poverty, and lack quality education. Single Family LIving is committed to serving those who need it most in Detroit’s Tri-County area: children in under-resourced communities who do not have access to quality education. Learn more: https://www.singlefamilyliving.org/
- Michigan Hispanic Collaborative - This Detroit-based nonprofit is strengthening Michigan’s economy and substantially reducing Hispanic poverty through higher education and career success. They help bring coherence to the chao of college access through early career for Michigan Hispanic students and young professionals. Learn more at: https://www.mihc.org/donate/
- Venture For America - Venture For America (VFA) is a two-year fellowship program for recent college graduates who want to work at a startup and create jobs in American cities. VFA also has resources supporting fellows to start their company. VFA is creating economic opportunity in American cities by mobilizing the next generation of entrepreneurs. Learn more: https://ventureforamerica.org/
- At Bat - A Detroit-based nonprofit whose mission is to increase the number of at-risk youths that participate in baseball and softball. Donations of as little as $25 can go towards snacks and water for youth participants upward to $500 for supporting program staff and operations. To make a donation or learn more: https://www.atbat.org/donation
- Defying Rare - A non-profit dedicated to bringing comfort to hospitalized children with rare disease or disorder. We deliver Golden Gifts, which consists of a book, plush dog, backpack, to local hospitals. Visit to learn more: https://www.defyingrare.org/
- The L.I.V.E. Outreach - A non-profit with a mission to refresh, renew and revive young teen girls that are in the foster care system transitioning into semi-independent living. The L.I.V.E. Outreach is creating programs and building and empowering youth in communities around Metro Detroit. Learn more: www.theliveoutreach.org
- Detroit Phoenix Center - A nonprofit that responds to the needs of underserved and street-connected youth in Detroit, ages 13-24, through direct services including a drop-in center for young adults, after school enrichment programs, youth action board, emergency crisis housing, and a scholarship fund. Learn more: https://www.detroitphoenixcenter.org/
- Making it Happen Foundation - The Making it Happen Foundation is a community based organization that supports creative skills training and career development focused on music and creative development. Learn more: https://makingithappenfoundation.org/