An intentionally innovative community
Start and grow, or land and expand into our network. We’re a community of nearly 1,000 members that are dedicated to doing good work in Metro Detroit and beyond.
What started as an idea, grew into an ecosystem.
Bamboo started in 2013 between four entrepreneurs (Amanda Lewan, Michael Ferlito, David Anderson and Brian Davis) who wanted a space to work on new ideas together. Back then we were the first coworking space in Downtown Detroit. Now, we’ve expanded our mission to grow Detroit’s ecosystem receiving honors locally and nationally for our work.
Community First. Diverse. Entrepreneurial.
We host hundreds of events each year, from pre-accelerators to happy hours, to panels with national speakers – you’ll stay inspired. Connect to mentors or collaborators. We are here to help you thrive.
Hundreds of companies have called Bamboo home over the years, from startups to unicorns, to activists and artists. No idea is too big or too small.
Position, Company name
Position, Company name
Bamboo is a place where entrepreneurs go to grow in Detroit. Their leadership deeply cares about helping other succeed.
VP of Growth @ Autobooks
Love being a part of the family 💚 working here is such a joy.
Brittni Bee Brown
Founder & Principal Publicist at The Bee Agency
Bamboo has given me community, a team of folks in the same phase of life as I am in. We’re all building, creating, learning and failing together.
Founder & CEO at Fair Ventures and Reconnect Teams
I've had the opportunity to work out of both the Detroit and Royal Oak location and Bamboo, as a whole, is by far the greatest work environment you will find in the area.
Director of Operations at Amatis Controls
Frequently asked questions about Bamboo
Have more questions? Send us a message or book a tour at one of our locations to learn more.
You can sign up to work with us on a monthly, 6-month, or 12-month basis.
If you aren’t quite ready for a monthly membership, we also offer day passes and conference room rentals.
Yes! All members have access to all Bamboo locations. Members have a homebase such as Royal Oak, then get business access hours M-F 9-5pm in other locations. Credits easily roll over so you can book rooms anywhere, anytime.
- Space is sanitized and cleaned daily and sanitizer stations are provided for members to use throughout the day
- Space is designed to encourage privacy, including dividers that double as whiteboards
- We follow all CDC and state guidelines for preventing Covid-19. Please inquire to confirm most recent guidelines.
- We have brand new hvac systems with the addition of LED Ultra Violet purification systems too
- There is plenty of street parking within walking distance. Lots charge $2-10 a day. Free parking is available at nearby casinos. Inquire for latest parking dedicated rates.
In Royal Oak
- Street parking is free before 11am.
- You can also get two hours of free parking at the Center Street Garage behind our building ($0.75/hour after the first two hours)
- You can also purchase a parking pass for unlimited parking for $50/month.